Wednesday 13 July 2011

iPod Shorts - Utilising dead time - Blaise Maximillian

When I can, I walk to work. When I walk, I write. I used to write on my Nokia E71, but then a close friend gave me an iPod Touch and, since discovering the notes, I haven't looked back. In fact, as mentioned in my previous post, I wrote most of Shattered Lands: Torquemaster Rising on it. Roughly 60,000 words. Go me.

So, now I've got these blogs (I have a duplicate at http://matthew-sylvester.blogspot.com/ because I can monetise that), I've decided that when I can, I'll write a short story on the way in to and from work. If I actually manage to find the time to have a lunchbreak (damn rare), I'll have a go at adding text then as well.

My next post will contain such a short. Don't expect it to be pitch perfect. I'm literally typing on the move, and then emailing them to myself when I get home. Aside from a quick spellcheck and some italics for thoughts, I'm not touching them. This, to me, is writing in its rawest form.

No comments:

Post a Comment